Print and fill in the Registration form (PDF, 254 KB) along with the following documents:
- The Credit card authorization form (PDF, 140 KB) (VISA or MASTERCARD) for the Administrative Fee – non-refundable ($300 CAD)
- Copy of transcript/report cards for the last 2 years and current school year
- Translated and certified copy of last year’s transcript/report card
- Attestation or certificate stating French language level obtained
- Copy of student’s passport and birth certificate
- Student introduction letter
- Reference letter from principal (PDF, 192 KB) or a teacher form
- Agreement (PDF, 126 KB) between CEPEO-Parents-student form
- Parental authorization form (PDF, 101 KB) for promotional purposes
- Immunization form (PDF, 28 KB)
- Copy of vaccination records
An acknowledgement of receipt, confirming the stage at which the application has reached, is sent within 48 hrs following the date in which we received the required documents.
If the application is complete, a number will be attributed to the file which will then be assigned to an academic evaluator who will transmit his or her recommendations to the Director of the program within 3 business days.
The person who submitted the application will be informed of our decision (see Step 2).
Note: An application cannot be analyzed unless the Application form and the 6 first documents listed above are submitted to the CEPEO along with the $300 CAD for the Administrative Fee – non-refundable.
*Feel free to communicate with a CEPEO representative at the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org in order to obtain more information regarding your application.
Obtaining an initial letter of acceptance from CEPEO
Once Step 1 is completed, the $300 CAD fees are paid and the student’s application has been accepted, their representative will receive a conditional letter of acceptance which will specify the name of the school, the program and the approved grade level, followed by an invoice for school fees and medical insurance.
Before moving on to Step 3 (obtaining a study permit in Canada), the representative must submit all documents related to accommodation with Homestay and legal guardianship to the CEPEO:
- Homestay Student Application form (PDF, 379 KB) (If Homestay is acting as the legal guardian, representing the interests of the child in Canada, they will also issue a notarized Custodianship Declaration of their own.)
- The student’s representative must submit a notarized Custodianship Declaration from Homestay if the latter is acting as their legal guardian.
- Homestay’s Student Participation Agreement form (PDF, 114 KB)
- Homestay’s Consent and Release form (PDF, 173 KB)
If the student will be residing with a family member or someone who is designated by the family while living in Canada, their representative will have to submit a notarized Citizenship and Immigration Canada Custodianship Declaration form signed by the parents in the country of origin and by the legal representative they have chosen in Canada.
Obtaining a study permit in Canada
Once a student receives the letter of acceptance from the CEPEO they will need to apply for a study permit for Canada.
The time needed to process a study permit application may vary from one visa office to another and could take several weeks to several months. It is therefore very important to submit the study permit application as soon as possible once the student’s file is complete (registration to the CEPEO, accommodation and legal guardianship).
The CEPEO has no influence whatsoever in regard to neither the study permit application process nor the time it takes to be issued.
Once the permit has been issued, the student’s representative must submit a scanned copy to the CEPEO via email.
Note : A student may not begin classes in their approved program in any school within the CEPEO unless a copy of their study permit has been submitted.
Payment of tuition fees and medical insurance
Payment can be made using one the following methods:
By credit card (VISA or MASTERCARD), by bank draft, by certified cheque from a Canadian banking institution made payable to the CEPEO or by international wire transfer using the information below:
|Name of account||Conseil des écoles publiques de l’Est de l’Ontario|
|Name of bank||Caisse Centrale Desjardins|
|Bank’s Address||147 Rideau St, Ottawa (ON), K1N 5X4, Canada|
|Institution ID number (3 numbers)||829|
|Transit number (5 numbers)||00107|
Note : A student may not begin classes in their approved program in any school within the CEPEO unless tuition fees and medical insurance for the relevant semester (and the summer camp, if applicable) have not been paid.
In my home country, everything is small and compact, and here it is huge. There are big sports clubs, people have t-shirts with the name of their school and teachers are very nice. If you have a problem, you can go see them.
The cultural diversity that I found here is great! I did not know that Canada had plenty of people from everywhere, and the Canadian community is different than my country’s. It is very different. I love it!
Ottawa is a very safe city. I can take the bus and go where I want without any problem.
I think I am going to have fun here; I am going to adapt and have a good education.
Choose this program to learn new things, new cultures; to meet a lot of people from all over the world, it's great!